LIP BLUSH FAQ'S
WHAT IS LIP BLUSH?
This lip tattoo brings back the colour to your lips and defines the line. Your lips will look like lipstick on the first day, and soften as they heal to become a subtle, natural looking lip tint. Apply a little gloss or balm and your lips look kissable!
If you are prone to cold sores, lip tattooing can cause outbreaks. We ask that our clients take their prescribed anti-viral medication a few days prior to their appointment and after the procedure to prevent that. Consult with your doctor for best.
If you have an outbreak, or any other type of scratch/acne we ask that you reschedule your appointment as soon as possible.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- There will be moderate swelling, redness and bruising for the first 5 days.
- Apply a Ziploc bag filled with water and ice for no more than 15 minutes at a time to reduce swelling.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
- Expect the color to eventually lighten by up to 40% once the healing process is complete.
- Color may appear sketchy at different stages of healing. Be patient. This is a process that does not yield immediate results.
- Permanent makeup ink is not the same as body art ink, and by design it does not last as long as body art ink. Permanent Makeup does fade and is expected to last 2 to 5 years before requiring a touch-up. Maintenance touch ups are suggested for best results